Congregational Guiding Principles
Set up Scriptural guiding principles for members of your congregation to reflect upon at regular intervals in the ministry planning process. The principles can remind of our high privilege to serve as redeemed children of God under Christ, our Head. Below are the five guiding principles of St. John’s, Wauwatosa, Wis., which you can either adopt or use as a starting point in developing your own:
- Jesus Christ is worthy of our best efforts.
- God is honored through excellence and deserves nothing less.
- To whom much is given, much is required.
- True fulfillment comes not through personal gain, but through service and contribution to God.
- In the kingdom of God on earth, there are no insignificant people. Everyone can make a difference. Working together, we can make a big difference.